- Four sandy beaches
- Surfing on Porthmeor beach. Lessons available.
- Leisure Centre with indoor pool just 2 minutes from Ispoyntel House.
- Walks, in particular, from St Ives to Zennor either along the coastal path or across the fields (6 miles – walk one way and get the bus the other), St Ives to Lelant along coastal footpath, St Ives to Penzance
- Tate St Ives – works commence early 2014 to alter and enlarge the galleries. Please check the Tate Gallery for details – it will unfortunately be closed for a few months.
- Art galleries.
- Visit Tremenheere Sculpture Garden near St Michael’s Mount, Penzance – marvelous Mediterranean Garden and great café.
- Jazz Club every other week at Western Hotel St Ives.
- Folk gigs (free most nights at Kettle and Wink next to Western Hotel).
- St Ives Festival - two weeks in September each year – music and the arts.
- Famous fancy dress party in the street and fireworks on New Year’s eve.
- The Tate Gallery Café - great views of sea from high level.
- Porthmeor Café on the beach - not open in the winter.
- The Garack Hotel
- BLAS - great eco burgers - not open in the winter.
- Halsetown Inn – same owners as BLAS.
- Pedn Olva Hotel – lovely town and sea views from the bar.